Reports to: Membership Director
Under the leadership of the Playwrights’ Center’s Membership Director, the Education Coordinator will assist in the administration, coordination, and recruitment for our suite of educational programs (including classes, seminars, and Member Open Play); manage our New Plays on Campus membership program for colleges and universities; and generate and facilitate other educational resources as needed.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Commission, curate, and edit educational articles and video content for the member website
- Plan, market, and facilitate general member playwriting seminars and classes and boost member enrollment
- Facilitate bi-monthly Member Open Play sessions
- Manage the New Plays on Campus (NPOC) program:
- Retain current and recruit new members for New Plays on Campus
- Maintain consistent, courteous, and timely communications with faculty, administrators, and students
- Market the program via advertising and e-mail
- Develop personal relationships locally and nationally with national education programs, colleges, universities, theaters, etc.
- Work with all constituencies (college faculty, students, staff, playwrights) to ensure the program’s effectiveness
- Implement services and opportunities based on feedback from constituencies and the Membership Director
- Track, report on, and evaluate participation in NPOC
Qualifications and experience:
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Ideal candidates will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Arts education
- Knowledge of the local and national theater community
- Experience with database software and web development software and content management systems
The Education Coordinator is a part time position (20 hours per week). Benefits include the opportunity to work in a collaborative, diverse, and creative workspace. The Playwrights' Center is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume including references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Deadline to apply: May 11, 2017
The Playwrights’ Center casts over 300 roles a year with Equity and non-Equity actors. Actors are critical to the success of the 70+ play development workshops we do each year. Learn more about the actors’ experience at the Playwrights’ Center.
General auditions are held once a year in late August or early September. If you have questions about auditions, contact Artistic Programs Administrator Julia Brown at email@example.com.