Member Open Play is a community-building opportunity for Playwrights’ Center members at all experience levels to support each other through script sharing and feedback. The Center does not hire actors, directors, or dramaturgs for these informal feedback gatherings. Instead, it is a time for writers—and other theatre artists interested in playwriting—to come together to read, share, and discuss each other’s newest script pages. Each session is dedicated to one PWC member to have their full-length, one-act, or short play read. Members must have consistent attendance and participation at Member Open Play and Playwrights' Center programming for their script to be considered for the season (See eligibility requirements below).
Attendance is open to anyone, but only members may have their plays read. Additionally, all participants must review and agree to comply with our Membership Programs Participation Agreements.
When we meet: Once a month on Mondays 7-9 pm CT
Where we meet: Virtually via Zoom
Please contact Membership Programs Associate, Alayna Jacqueline Barnes, email@example.com or (612) 332-7481 x1110 with any questions about this program.
- You attended at least 5 Member Open Plays last season (July 2020 - June 2021)
Sign up to join us for Member Open Play sessions below!
- Monday, December 6th @ 7:00 - 9:00PM (CST)
- Monday, January 10th @ 7:00 - 9:00PM (CST)
- Monday, February 14th @ 7:00 - 9:00PM (CST)
- Monday, March 14th @ 7:00 - 9:00PM (CDT)
- Monday, April 11th @ 7:00 - 9:00PM (CDT)
- Monday, May 16th @ 7:00 - 9:00PM (CDT)
- Monday, June 13th @ 7:00 - 9:00PM (CDT)