Become a Playwrights' Center Member
Playwrights’ Center membership is open to anyone who identifies as a playwright. The Center’s unique membership program provides more than 1,500 playwrights worldwide with tools, resources, and support.
- Opportunities board: The most current and comprehensive online database of playwriting contests and submission opportunities in the business
- Classes and seminars: Free playwriting seminars and special pricing on extended writing classes (including online classes and seminars)
- Member Stage Readings: A member's script, read for an audience by professional actors in our theater, with the option of getting feedback from a professional dramaturg
- One-on-one with a Dramaturg: Personalized matching with an experienced dramaturg, who will work with the member playwright on her/his script (additional fee)
- Member Open Play: Monthly get-togethers where members read and discuss each others’ scripts. Members can join in person, online, or by phone.
- Member profile: A page on our website members can use to promote themselves and their work, as well as connect with other members
- Education and professional development: Regular articles guiding members through the nuts and bolts of playwriting and the theater industry
- Discounts: Including $80 off Final Draft software; free associate level membership to Fractured Atlas; and discounts on TCG membership, theater books at Focus Bookstore and classes at partner institutions like the Loft Literary Center and Primary Stages’ Einhorn School of Performing Arts
All this for just a flat rate of $75 annually or a monthly fee of $8.
Questions? Contact membership manager Hannah Joyce-Hoven at firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 332-7481 x123.
Part of a college or university? You may be interested in our institutional membership program for schools, New Plays on Campus.
What members are saying
"Worth every penny. You are an exceptionally active and organized playwright forum and your opportunities page is the most complete and up to date in the business."
"So far this year I've had 19 plays produced or performed as readings and most of those opportunities came from your website, so thank you again!”
“What a wonderful initiation into playwriting classes! I truly felt like the instructor was fully engaged with every person in the room (including those of us who appeared on screen).”
“My day at your center [for a Member Stage Reading] was one of the best days of my life.”