Executive Staff Administrator
Job posted January 11, 2018. Open until filled.
Reports to: General Manager
This Executive Staff Administrator owns many essential support structures that allow the Playwrights’ Center to execute its mission successfully. This position is the first point of contact for the public to engage with the Playwrights’ Center’s Executive leadership team of Producing Artistic Director and Managing Director. Their core administrative responsibilities are to create and maintain the support structures intended to elevate the work for the Executive staff, board engagement, and office needs. Additionally, this position serves as the Company Manager for the organization, managing the travel and housing of all visiting artists. As an important face for the Center, this position amplifies a work environment that models organization standards in professionalism and culture, as guided by the ongoing needs of the Playwrights’ Center.
- Provide direct support to Producing Artistic Director and Managing Director.
- Perform office and administrative duties to assist executive management.
- Screen calls, manage calendars, make travel, meeting, and event arrangements
- Prepare reports and financial data.
- Follow up communications on behalf of the Executive team and advance projects as assigned.
- Support the daily functions of the Playwrights’ Center by ensuring that all material. inventory and onsite areas are accessible and ready for use, creating a reliable, creative environment for all who engage in those areas.
- Interact with the Playwrights’ Center’s stakeholders as a knowledgeable and supportive resource in navigating the Center’s programs, memberships, and events.
- Monitor inventories and order office supplies as necessary.
- Code receipts and adhere to financial policies.
- Provide event and project management services, as necessary, to public and internal events, including but not limited to, event box office.
- Work to support all artists, staff, and Executive team by creating and distributing clear and practical travel and housing itineraries
- Knowledge of theater and the playwriting process is encouraged, but not required.
- Impeccable writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines
- A forward thinker and planner.
- Proficient with databases for tracking and reporting.
- Must enjoy working collaboratively.
- Ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class, and immigrant status.
The Executive Staff Administrator is a full-time, 52-week position based in Minneapolis. Salary is in the low 30s, DOE. Benefits include health insurance; paid time off for holidays, vacations, and sick days; and an optional IRA plan.
The Playwrights’ Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment filled with mutual respect for all employees. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, résumé and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “Executive Staff Administrator” in the subject line.