Of the 70+ new plays developed at the Playwrights’ Center each year, eight are selected to be part of the public season, giving playwrights expanded workshop time with collaborators and the chance to see their new work on its feet in front of two...
- 2017-18 Season2017-18 SeasonWe're excited to announce the playwrights and plays to be featured in PlayLabs and the Ruth Easton New Play Series
- Become a member playwrightBecome a member playwrightJoin an artistic community of playwrights living all over the world.
- Champion playwrights and new playsChampion playwrights and new playsWhen you give to the Playwrights’ Center, you support the brave, talented playwrights who are creating new work for the American stage.
- Meet the 2017-18 McKnight Fellows in PlaywritingMeet the 2017-18 McKnight Fellows in PlaywritingCongratulations to Benjamin Benne and Rachel Jendrzejewski.
- Meet the new Core WritersMeet the new Core WritersWelcome 2017-2020 Core Writers Kim Euell, Allison Gregory, Dipika Guha, C.A. Johnson, Carson Kreitzer, Andrea Stolowitz, and Stefanie Zadravec.
- New Plays on CampusNew Plays on CampusConnecting students with playwriting resources, professional playwrights, and new plays
As a Playwrights’ Center member, you’ll join 2,000 other playwrights worldwide, of all styles and experience levels. Benefits include exclusive access to our playwriting opportunities database, regular articles from experts, classes and seminars, one-on-one dramaturgy sessions, staged readings, and ways to connect with other playwrights.